Double Pointed Needle Pouch

Author: Juno Volsung /

I was looking for something to hold my Double Pointed Needles in and couldn't find anything really that I liked so I designed something to hold them in. Now I just have to make one for all my other sizes.

Creating the pattern I doubled the size of the needles and added 4 inches for the flap. Laying out the needles side by side gave me the width. You can do the same for any size or length of needles.

The pattern is posted below the images, it is rather simple to follow.





DPN Pouch

This was made for a set of 5 size US 15 8" needles.

Stitches Used:
CH: Chain
SC: Single Crochet
SS: Slip Stich
BLO: Back Loop Only

Yarn Used: Red Heart Super Saver (Worsted Weight)

Use size F Crochet hook

Chain 15

Row 1: SC in 2nd stitch from hook, SC across (14 sts)
Row 2: CH 1, SC across
Row 3: CH 1, SC BLO across

Repeat rows 2 & 3 until piece measures 20 inches long.

Finishing: Fold up 7 inches then SS down sides though both layers, this will leave a 5 inch flap.

Embroider needle size on front of flap.

You can either make a loop at the bottom of the flap and sew a button on the front of the pouch to hook the loop to or make any kind of closure that you want. I made a long chain from the end of the flap then created a loop on the front of the pouch to loop my chain into.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing this pattern. I am excited to make several for my dpns and for a friend.

Melanie said...

When photographing your work, please do so on a neutral background; such as lt gray, soft white or cool cream (no patterns) for the best results. You are looking to make your work stand out, not fade into the background.

Post a Comment